There were a number of title fights tonight, including those on the Top Rank pay per view card. Check back to this thread for results of tonight's fights.
- Kelly Pavlik scored a fifth round technical knockout of Miguel Espino. Espino came in with about as good of a game plan as he could hope for, closing the gap and forcing a fight on the inside, but he was just completely outgunned. Still, he was able to make in an entertaining fight. Pavlik eventually took out with a big uppercut, and referee Steve Smoger stopped it shortly after the knockdown. Round by round coverage of the fight is in the comments. After the fight, Bob Arum said that the same offer for a Paul Williams fight is still on the table.
- Humberto Soto scored a wide unanimous decision over Jesus Chavez. That makes Chaves 0-3 for the year. Soto wins his first fight at lightweight, but didn't look spectacular at times. Round by round coverage of the fight is in the comments as well.
- Edwin Valero scored a sixth round knockout over Hector Velasquez. After taking a beating for six rounds, Velasquez chose not to come out for the seventh.
- In the biggest upset of the night, Johnriel Casimero knocked Cesar Canchila down five times on route to an 11th round TKO win, winning an interim light flyweight title. Canchila was best known for beating Giovanni Segura not that long ago. Casimero is only 19 years old and only had 13 fights under his belt, making him the second Pinoy under the age of 20 to win a title this year. Canchila falls to 28-3, while Casimero moves to 14-0.
- Juan Carlos Reveco knocked out Ronald Barrera in the third round to win an interim light flyweight title.
- Nehomar Cermeno scored a TKO over Alejandro Valdez in a dreadfully boring and predictable bout. Partial round by round coverage is in the comments, but frankly, the full fight wasn't worth it.
Juergen Braehmer defeated Dmitry Sukhosky in an entertaining and hard-fought bout. Round by round coverage is in the comments.
- Sebastian Zbik retained his title via split decision against Emanuele Della Rosa.
- Cristobal Cruz and Ricardo Castillo fought to a third round technical draw after a headbutt opened a nasty gash on Cruz. Had the fight been under the unified rules, it would have been a no contest.
- Vanes Martirosyan scored a third round technical knockout of hopelessly outclassed Willie Lee.
- Samuel Peter scored a fourth round TKO over the fightin' fattie Gabe Brown. This was reportedly an entertaining fight as well. At one point, Brown stuck his chin out there, Ricardo Mayorga style, and Peter tagged him with four hard shots, after which Brown just taunted him further. Brown also managed to land a bolo punch on Peter. Still, in the end, Peter was able to get him out of there. From the descriptions, it almost sounded like Little Mac versus King Hippo.
- Billy Dib, Alexander Alexeev, Lukas Konecny and Zaurbek Baysangurov all won their fights.