According to Dan Rafael's Notebook, the postponed rematch between Chad Dawson and Antonio Tarver has been rescheduled for May 9. The fight was originally scheduled for March 14, but delayed due to a minor hand injury suffered by Dawson in training. They could put this fight on any day and it's no more interesting than it was when originally announced.
Also from Rafael's notes:
- Chris Arreola will likely face Jameel McCline on April 11. McCline, though big, is no threat to a guy as ferocious as Arreola. "The Nightmare" will likely just overwhelm him due to aggressiveness. I can already see McCline backing down, trying to cover up while Arreola throws massive right haymakers.
- Miguel Cotto will be back on June 13, as expected. He'll face either Joshua Clottey (my choice), Kermit Cintron or Andre Berto. He'd destroy Cintron.
- Showtime has agreed to televise Lamont Peterson-Willy Blain as the featured undercard bout on April 4, beneath the Bradley-Holt junior welterweight title unification. Details are being finalized with the camp for Blain (20-0, 3 KO).
- The Cesar Canchila-Giovanni Segura rematch will happen on March 14, not on the Tijuana Thunder PPV on March 28. The rematch also means Ivan Calderon is back to looking for an opponent. As much as I want Calderon to face a good opponent, Canchila-Segura definitely deserves a rematch.
- Alexander Povetkin will return to the ring on April 4 against ex-U.S. Olympian and powerless heavyweight Jason "Big Six" Estrada. Estrada talks a pretty good game and has talent, but Povetkin is in another class.