FanPost front paged by SC.
BoxingScene.com has been informed that Danny Perez (34-5, 17KOs) has withdrawn from his upcoming fight with junior middleweight prospect Alfredo Angulo (14-0, 11KOs) scheduled for the February 14 HBO televised tripleheader from the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida.
Perez is the second opponent to pull out in less than two weeks. Last week, former two division champion Ricardo Mayorga pulled out after a reported injury claim, which turned out to be a move for more money.
"I heard two stories. One person said he has problems making the weight and another person said it has to do with money," Shaw told BoxingScene.com. "I am hunting for a replacement."
It seems very questionable if Angulo could get a respectable opponent that HBO will sign off on in less than a weeks noticed.