Saul Alvarez is a heavy favorite to beat Kermit Cintron on Saturday night in Mexico City. (Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images)
Topping the bill for the week 5 line-up is Saturday night's HBO headliner between Saul Alvarez and Kermit Cintron. The Mexican youngster is a heavy favorite, though Cintron, while not looking good in his last two outings, has surprised in the past. Also on the line-up is the co-feature of the split-site broadcast, with Adrien Broner taking on Vicente Rodriguez in a super-featherweight match-up.
We've got two more fights on the game-sheet, including a Friday night contest between lightweights Anthony Crolla and Willie Limond, and a welterweight rematch from Turkey between Selcuk Aydin and Jo Jo Dan.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 5 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Saul Alvarez vs Kermit Cintron (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 26)
1. Alvarez to win (any method) – risk 10.5 to win 1.5.
2. Alvarez by stoppage – risk 6.5 to win 5.5.
3. Alvarez by decision – risk 4 to win 8.
4. Cintron (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
B. *Over/Under - Saul Alvarez vs Kermit Cintron (Saturday, November 26)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 9 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 9 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
C. Pick the winner - Selcuk Aydin vs Jo Jo Dan (Saturday, November 26)
1. Aydin to win – risk 7 points to win 5.
2. Dan to win – risk 5 points to win 7.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Anthony Crolla vs Willie Limond (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, November 25)
1. Crolla to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Crolla by stoppage – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Crolla by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
4. Limond (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrien Broner vs Vicente Rodriguez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 26)
1. Broner to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Broner by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
3. Broner by decision – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
4. Rodriguez (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Chavez to win by any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Alvarez to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick under 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Under 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Jo Jo Dan you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Jo Jo Dan
For Selection C, if you wish to pass...