In just five days, Miguel Cotto will climb back into the ring with Antonio Margarito, three and a half years after their epic and later highly controversial first meeting, for a rematch at Madison Square Garden. Here's HBO's Greatest Hits video for Miguel Cotto:
The lineup of fights chosen is what you'd expect, so let me note a few things I thought while watching this video:
- Miguel Cotto with hair is weird.
- I now am more convinced than ever that Amir Khan didn't hit Zab Judah with a low blow. I'd forgotten exactly how dramatically Zab reacts when actually hit with a low blow. If Khan had gotten him low, he'd have flopped around and screamed.
- Jim Lampley's old Miguel Cotto love was really out of this world. Way worse than any bias they show toward Manny Pacquiao or anyone else. I especially love how Lampley compliments Cotto's decision to throw Clottey on the mat. I mean, it's not that I have anything against what Cotto did (Clottey kind of asked for it, boxing is hard, etc.) but to act like it's a great three-punch combination or something is wild.
- Miguel Cotto is a really good fighter and I think his legacy will age pretty well.
- Yuri Foreman's corner should have come in when Mercante DID stop the fight and thrown 10 straight towels in his face.