Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez square off in the third encounter of their classic series this Saturday night in Vegas, and we have three selections devoted to the 144lb match-up. A couple other fights from the show are on the game-sheet, with Mike Alvarado taking on Breidis Prescott at 140lbs and Luis Cruz fighting Juan Carlos Burgos in a super-featherweight clash.
Also on the line-up is Friday's Shobox main-event between junior-middleweights Austin Trout and Frank Laporto. Rounding out the week's action, are a couple of Commonwealth title affairs from England with heavyweights Tyson Fury and Neven Pajkic battling it out in Manchester and welterweights Denton Vassell and Samuel Colomban going at it in Oldham.
If you missed the first two weekends, week three's line-up offers a quick chance to catch up to the early leaders. We've got a cruiser-weight clash from Moscow taking place on Friday, while HBO, Showtime and BoxNation are all featuring double-headers on a very busy Saturday.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 3 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 12)
1. Pacquiao to win (any method) – risk 15.5 to win 2.5.
2. Pacquiao by stoppage – risk 10 to win 8.
3. Pacquiao by decision – risk 5.5 to win 12.5.
4. Marquez (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 15.5.
B. *Over/Under - Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez (Saturday, November 12)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 8.
2. Over 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 6.
3. Under 6 1/2 – risk 8 points to win 4.
4. Under 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 6.
*Over 6 1/2 = 6 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 7.
C. Scorecard - How many rounds will Juan Manuel Marquez win on the unofficial HBO scorecard (Saturday, November 12) - A KO win for Marquez means all Overs are winners.
1. Under 1 1/2 – risk 2 points to win 8.
2. Over 1 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Over 2 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
4. Over 3 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Mike Alvarado vs Breidis Prescott (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 12)
1. Alvarado to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Alvarado by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Alvarado by decision – risk 6 to win 4.
4. Prescott (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
E. Pick the winner - Luis Cruz vs Juan Carlos Burgos (Saturday, November 12)
1. Cruz to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Burgos to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Austin Trout vs Frank LoPorto (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, November 11)
1. Trout to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Trout by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Trout by decision – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
4. LaPorto (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tyson Fury vs Neven Pajkic(technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, November 4)
1. Fury to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Fury by stoppage – risk 6 to win 4.
3. Fury by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
4. Pajkic (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Denton Vassell vs Samuel Colomban (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 5)
1. Vassell to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Vassell by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Vassell by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
4. Colomban (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Pacquiao to win by any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Pacquiao to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick under 6 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Under 6 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Marquez to win more than 1 1/2 rounds, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Over 1 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...