It's coming down to crunch time with only 3 weeks left to play in the season - and for players still in contention for the Player of the Year Top 10, these last few weeks are all that's left to make a mark on the yearly standings and take home a prize.
This week's featured bout is of course the Super Six Final between Andre Ward and Carl Froch. We've devoted three selections to the tournament showdown, and an over/under pick to the under-card bout between Kell Brook and Luis Galarza.
Also on the game-sheet is a welterweight battle from Quebec City between Antonin Decarie and Victor Lupo, along with a super-middleweight clash from Mexico between Librado Andrade and Donovan George.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 8 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (Saturday, December 3)
1. Ward to win – risk 11.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Froch to win – risk 4.5 points to win 11.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 3)
1. Ward by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
2. Ward by decision – risk 7 to win 5.
3. Froch by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
4. Froch by decision – risk 2 to win 10.
C. Scorecards - Should the fight go to a decision, what will the total combined margin of rounds be on the official scorecards? (Saturday, December 17).
1. Ward by more than 7 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
2. Ward by more than 3 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
3. Ward by 1/2 or more – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
4. Even or Froch by any margin – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
D. *Over/Under - Kell Brook vs Luiz Galarza (Saturday, December 17)
1. Over 4 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
3. Under 4 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
4. Under 7 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
*Over 6 1/2 = 6 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 7.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Antonin Decarie vs Victor Lupo (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 17)
1. Decarie to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Decarie by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Decarie by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
4. Lupo (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Librado Andrade vs Donovan George (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 17)
1. Andrade to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Andrade by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Andrade by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. George (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Ward to win by any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Ward to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Froch by stoppage using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Froch by stoppage
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Ward to win by a margin of more than 3 1/2 rounds on the official scorecards you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – More than 3 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...