Soon you can score Pacquiao vs Marquez III for the 50th time. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
Here's the full list of fights that HBO will be featuring in their year-end retrospective largely designed to be watched by nobody in non-prime hours:
- Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II (Dec. 26, 11 p.m. EST)
- Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz (Dec. 27, Midnight EST)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Victor Ortiz (Dec. 27, 11 p.m. EST)
- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez III (Dec. 28, Midnight EST)
- Alfredo Angulo vs James Kirkland (Dec. 29, Midnight EST)
- Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito II (Dec. 29, 11 p.m. EST)
By the way, if you have difficulty telling time or understanding what "Midnight" is, watch the video for the dates. December 28 at Midnight is listed as December 27 by HBO, etc. You get it.
The fights chosen are no surprise. They had better fights, but these are the six you'd expect them to go with, and they have. And I know deep down that a lot more people care about these fights than they do Maidana vs Morales and DeMarco vs Linares. So I get it.