This is it. The last week of the 2011 pick'em season. If you're in the running for the Player of the Year Top Ten - you've got one week left to make a dent on the standings.
We've got four fights on the line-up, including a couple of interesting match-ups from Japan. Takashi Uchiyama, rated #1 at 130lbs by Bad Left Hook, squares off against #3 rated Jorge Solis, while Celestino Caballero, #8 at 126lbs, battles #10 Satoshi Hosono. The show takes place on New Year's Eve in Yokohama, so please take into account the time difference and don't delay in making your selections.
Also on the line-up is Friday night's Shobox double-bill, with a pair of big names returning to action. Jermain Taylor goes up against Jessie Nicklow, and Andre Dirrell takes on Darryl Cunningham in a couple of ten rounders.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Takashi Uchiyama vs Jorge Solis (Saturday, December 31)
1. Uchiyama to win – risk 8 points to win 5.
2. Solis to win – risk 5 points to win 8.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Takashi Uchiyama vs Jorge Solis (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 31)
1. Uchiyama by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
2. Uchiyama by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Solis by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
4. Solis by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner - Celestino Caballero vs Satoshi Hosono (Saturday, December 31)
1. Caballero to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Hosono to win – risk 4 points to win 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Celestino Caballero vs Satoshi Hosono (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 31)
1. Caballero by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
2. Caballero by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Hosono by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
4. Hosono by decision – risk 2 to win 7.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Jermain Taylor vs Jessie Nicklow (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, December 30)
1. Taylor to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Taylor by stoppage – risk 5 to win 4.
3. Taylor by decision – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
4. Nicklow (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Andre Dirrell vs Darryl Cunningham (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, December 30)
1. Dirrell to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Dirrell by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Dirrell by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
4. Cunningham (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Uchiyama to win by any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Uchiyama to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Solis by decision using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Solis by stoppage
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Hosono to win...
C. (3) – 2 – Hosono
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...