Mexican slugger Daniel Ponce De Leon (right) takes on promising Adrien Broner on HBO's Boxing After Dark this Saturday. (Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images)
A fairly busy weekend of pick'em action awaits us, with four fights on the week 7 line-up.
We've got an HBO double-header featuring a couple of talented youngsters with 20-year-old Saul "Canelo" Alvarez facing off against Matthew Hatton, along with 21-year-old prospect Adrien "The Problem" Broner taking on Mexican slugger Daniel Ponce de Leon. There's also Zab Judah going up against South African Kaizer Mabuza in the feature bout of an Integrated Sports PPV, plus Gary Sykes puts his British super-featherweight crown on the line against Carl Johanneson on Sky Sports.
For those that are new to the game, please make sure to check out the rules (we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the week 6 standings here.
Let’s get to the week 7 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Zab Judah vs Kaizer Mabuza (Saturday, March 4)
1. Judah to win – risk 8.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Mabuza to win – risk 3.5 points to win 8.5.
B. Method of victory - Zab Judah vs Kaizer Mabuza (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 5)
1. Judah by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
2. Judah by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Mabuza by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
4. Mabuza by decision – risk 1 to win 8.
C. Pick the winner - Daniel Ponce de Leon vs Adrien Broner (Saturday, March 5)
1. Ponce de Leon to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Broner to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
D. Method of victory - Daniel Ponce de Leon vs Adrien Broner (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 5)
1. Ponce de Leon by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
2. Ponce de Leon by decision – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Broner by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
4. Broner by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Saul Alvarez vs Matthew Hatton (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 5)
1. Alvarez to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Alvarez by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
3. Alvarez by decision – risk 2 to win 7.
4. Hatton (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
F. Pick the winner - Gary Sykes vs Carl Johanneson (Saturday, March 5)
1. Sykes to win – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Johanneson to win – risk 3 points to win 6.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Judah to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Judah
For Selection B, if you wanted to use a triple on Mabuza to win by decision, you would enter...
B. (3) – 4 – Mabuza by decision
For Selection C, if you wish to make a pick without using a double or triple on Ponce de Leon...
C. (1) – 1 – Ponce de Leon
For Selection C, if you wish to pass...