Everyone's back on level terms as a new season of pick'em action begins this week. For those that are new to the game, please make sure to check out the rules (we promise they are very simple).
The feature bout on this week's line-up is the 108lb rematch between heavy handed Mexican brawler Giovani Segura and crafty southpaw Ivan Calderon. The Puerto Rican is a sizable underdog, but might be worth a play if you believe he's got one last great performance left in the tank.
Also on the game sheet this week is a cruiserweight match-up from Poland, a German double-header, a middleweight battle from France, plus the European lightweight title clash from London.
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings (including POTY points) here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Giovani Segura vs Ivan Calderon (Saturday, April 2)
1. Segura to win – risk 11 points to win 4.
2. Calderon to win – risk 4 points to win 11.
B. Method of victory - Giovani Segura vs Ivan Calderon (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, April 2)
1. Segura by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
2. Segura by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
3. Calderon by stoppage – risk 0.5 to win 9.5.
4. Calderon by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Krzysztof Wlodarczyk vs Francisco Palacios (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 19)
1. Wlodarczyk to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Wlodarczyk by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
3. Wlodarczyk by decision – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
4. Palacios (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
D. Pick the winner - Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam vs Giovanni Lorenzo (Saturday, April 2)
1. N'Dam to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Lorenzo to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
E. Pick the winner - Robert Helenius vs Samuel Peter (Saturday, April 2)
1. Helenius to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Peter to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
F. Over/Under - Marco Huck vs Ran Nakash - 7 1/2 rounds (Saturday, April 2)
1. Over 7 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 7 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
G. Over/Under - John Murray vs Karim El Ouazghari - 5 1/2 rounds (Saturday, April 2)
1. Over 5 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 5 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Segura to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Segura
For Selection B, if you wanted to use a triple on Calderon to win by decision, you would enter...
B. (3) – 4 – Calderon by decision
For Selection C, if you wish to make a pick on Wlodarczyk to win without using a double or triple...
C. (1) – 1 – Wlodarczyk to win
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...