Sergio Martinez puts his middleweight title on the line against Sergiy Dzinziruk in this week's feature bout. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)
Only 3 weeks left to go on the schedule and the title race is wide open - with well over a dozen players still in with a realistic chance of capturing this season's pick'em crown. For players that have drifted a little off the pace, there's still plenty to play for as player of the year points remain at stake.
This week's feature attraction has 160lb champion Sergio Martinez putting his crown on the line against clever Ukranian Sergiy Dzinziruk in a battle of southpaws on HBO.
We've also got Miguel Cotto taking on Ricardo Mayorga in the main-event of a Showtime PPV. While the odds are fairly wide on the headliners, the undercard features a couple of interesting supporting bouts with Miguel Vazquez going up against Lenny Zappavigna and Yuri Foreman facing off against Pawel Wolak.
A super-featherweight battle from Glasgow rounds out the line-up, with Ricky Burns going up against Joseph Laryea on Sky Sports.
For those that are new to the game, please make sure to check out the rules (we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the week 7 standings here.
Let’s get to the week 8 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Sergio Martinez vs Sergiy Dzinziruk (Saturday, March 12)
1. Martinez to win – risk 11 points to win 3.
2. Dzinziruk to win – risk 3 points to win 11.
B. Method of victory - Sergio Martinez vs Sergiy Dzinziruk (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 12)
1. Martinez by stoppage – risk 2 to win 7.
2. Martinez by decision – risk 5 to win 4.
3. Dzinziruk by stoppage – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
4. Dzinziruk by decision – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
C. HBO Scorecard - Will Sergiy Dzinziruk win at least 4 rounds on HBO's unofficial scorecard (a stoppage loss where Dzinziruk still wins at least 4 rounds counts as a yes, as does Dzinziruk winning 33% of the rounds if the fight ends in an abbreviated technical decision)
1. Yes, Dzinziruk will win at least 4 rounds on the HBO card – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. No, Dzinziruk will not win at least 4 rounds on the HBO card – risk 4 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Miguel Cotto vs Ricardo Mayorga (Saturday, March 12)
1. Cotto to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Mayorga to win – risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
E. Method of victory - Miguel Cotto vs Ricardo Mayorga (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 12)
1. Cotto by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
2. Cotto by decision – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Mayorga by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
4. Mayorga by decision – risk 1 to win 8.
F. Pick the winner - Miguel Vazquez vs Leonardo Zappavinga (Saturday, March 12)
1. Vazquez to win – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Zappavigna to win – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
G. Pick the winner - Yuri Foreman vs Pawel Wolak (Saturday, March 12)
1. Foreman to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Wolak to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ricky Burns vs Joseph Laryea (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, March 12)
1. Burns to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Burns by stoppage – risk 5 to win 5.
3. Burns by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
4. Laryea (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Martinez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Martinez
For Selection B, if you wanted to use a triple on Dzinziruk to win by decision, you would enter...
B. (3) – 4 – Dzinziruk by decision
For Selection C, if you wish to make a pick on Dzinziruk winning at least 4 rounds on the HBO card...
C. (1) – 1 – Yes, Dzinziruk will win at least 4 rounds
For Selection C, if you wish to pass...