All things considered this is an incredibly light weekend overall, but the good news is that we have a potentially great fighting coming on Saturday night. Here's a quick roundup from Friday.
Uncasville, Connecticut (Full Recap)
- Breidis Prescott UD-10 Bayan Jargal: What we expected to be the worst Friday Night Fights main event of the season thus far turned out to be pretty much just that, as Prescott dominated a tough but way overmatched Jargal, cruising to a 10-round decision.
- Demetrius Andrade KO-2 Omar Bell: Bell went down on a body shot and just decided to not get up. Another very easy night against a totally hopeless opponent for Andrade. We learned nothing new.
- Kevin Rooney Jr. UD-4 David Navarro: Rooney is the son of the famous Kevin Rooney, and also currently a publicist for Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing. This was his pro boxing debut. He knocked down Navarro once in each of the first two rounds.
Hamburg, New York
- Nick Casal TKO-3 Martin Tucker: Casal (21-4-1, 16 KO) becomes the first fighter to stop Tucker (7-9, 3 KO), the Toledo fighter we recently featured on the site. It would be a lie to say it's unexpected, but I think we were all rooting for Martin. It's his fifth straight loss, but all of those have come against solid fighters.
- Guillermo Sanchez UD-8 Eddie Ramirez ... Lionell Thompson TKO-5 Angel Gonzalez
- For a full recap, check out BuffaloNews.com.