The Nevada State Athletic Commission has named Kenny Bayless the referee for the May 7 fight between Manny Pacquiao and "Sugar" Shane Mosley, which is good news for those of us who worry about who the third man in the ring will be, especially for major fights. Bayless is one of the best and most highly-respected referees in the business. Since there frankly isn't all that much to say other than, "I'm glad Kenny Bayless is refereeing this fight," let's look at past fights with Pacquiao and Mosley that Bayless has refereed, just for kicks.
- Miguel Cotto (2009-11-14)
- Ricky Hatton (2009-05-02)
- Juan Manuel Marquez II (2008-03-15)
- Erik Morales II (2006-01-21)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2010-05-01)
- Luis Collazo (2007-02-10)
- Fernando Vargas II (2006-07-15)
- Raul Marquez (2003-02-08)
The judges for the fight will be veterans Duane Ford, Glenn Trowbridge and Dave Moretti. The most notable involvement any of them have had in a Mosley or Pacquiao fight in the past would probably be Ford's 115-113 Mosley scorecard in the Mosley-Oscar de la Hoya rematch in 2003, which matched the cards of Stanley Christodoulou and Anek Hongtongkam.