There's not a whole lot happening this weekend in the boxing world, but we've still got four fights on the line-up to select from. None may have the significance of last Saturday's Hopkins-Pascal clash, or the buzz surrounding DeGale-Groves, but with only a couple weeks to play, these bouts could be key in deciding how this season's race plays out.
We've got two heavyweight bouts from this Friday's ESPN2 show, with Tony Thompson taking on Maurice Harris and Chris Arreola in a stay-busy affair against journeyman Kendrick Releford. The Thompson-Harris clash is actually an eliminator and scheduled for 12, while the latter bout is a 10 rounder.
European 154lb champion Lukas Konecny is also in action on Friday, as he puts his title on the line against Hussein Bayram in the Czech Republic.
There's only one Saturday match-up on the game sheet, with Jamie McDonnell going up against Nick Otieno of Keyna for the vacant Commonwealth bantamweight title.
For those that are new to the game, please make sure to check out the rules (we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the current standings here.
Let’s get to the week 9 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tony Thompson vs Maurice Harris (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, May 27)
1. Thompson to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Thompson by stoppage – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Thompson by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
4. Harris (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Lukas Konecny vs Hussein Bayram (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, May 27)
1. Konecny to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Konecny by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Konecny by decision – risk 6 to win 4.
4. Bayram (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Jamie McDonnell vs Nick Otieno (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 28)
1. McDonnell to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. McDonnell by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. McDonnell by decision – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
4. Otieno (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
D. Over/Under - Chris Arreola vs Kendrick Releford (Friday, May 27)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Thompson to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Thompson
For Selection B, if you wanted to use a triple on Konecny to win by decision, you would enter...
B. (3) – 3 – Konecny
For Selection C, if you wish to pick McDonnell without using a double or triple...
C. (1) – 1 - McDonnell
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...