Bob Arum Brushes Off Marquez-Alvarez Talk
BoxingScene.com's Rick Reeno says Bob Arum isn't sweating over the rumors of Golden Boy being ready to offer Juan Manuel Marquez a $5 million payday to face Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, which is Golden Boy's one hope of matching the offer Arum's Top Rank sent in for a trilogy fight between Marquez and Manny Pacquiao this fall.
Arum does admit that Marquez is the fight they'll be looking to make for Manny should Pacquiao get by Shane Mosley as expected this Saturday, but he's trying to focus on the Pacquiao-Mosley promotion in the final days before the fight. That's understandable, of course, but I can tell you that right now there's almost as much internet chatter about Pacquiao-Marquez III as there is Pacquiao-Mosley. Whether anyone likes it or not, Pacquiao-Mosley is being written off by the majority of people, or so it seems.
Bad Left Hook Radio - This Morning at 10am ET
The debut episode of Bad Left Hook Radio, the official podcast of Bad Left Hook (duh), goes up this morning at 10am ET. I'll shoot for that to be the regular posting time for the show.
Not a lot of overnight news, so let's just take some quick looks at some tidbits. Tidbits!
- Anthony Mundine is "targeting" the winner of the June 11 fight between Austin Trout and David Lopez. Ohhh, of course he is. Why, I bet he plans to make his name in America with said fight! He always fights the best opponents.
Gilberto Keb Baas is all mad about his stoppage loss last weekend against Adrian Hernandez, so Hernandez says he'll fight him again so that he'll stop complaining. Hernandez is already 2-0 against Keb. Graham Houston was just as high on the Hernandez-Keb fight on Saturday as I was, so try tracking that one down if you missed it.
- With Raul Martinez out, Jose Lopez and Ricardo Nunez have been mentioned as May 14 opponents for Cristian Mijares.
After the jump: Link Parade! and the Song of the Day
- Notes from Chad Dawson's first camp with Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward. Dawson faces Adrian Diaconu in the co-feature on May 21 on HBO.
- Frank Lotierzo on how Mosley should fight against Pacquiao.
- Dan Rafael on the Pacquaio vs Mosley card.
Song of the Day
"New Madrid" by Uncle Tupelo. No reason.