We've got a busy week of pick'em action on tap, with six fights on the line-up, including the HBO main-event between Saul Alvarez and Ryan Rhodes. Canelo is a heavy favorite as expected, though Rhodes has surprised in the past, most notably in winning the European 154lb title as a sizable underdog against Jamie Moore. The HBO show features another upset specialist in Jason Litzau, who faces off against 21-year-old prospect Adrien Broner in a 10 rounder. Coming off shock wins over Rocky Juarez and Celestino Caballero, can The American Boy upset the odds three times in a row?
Also on the game sheet is a Friday double-header from Panama with Anselmo Moreno going up against Lorenzo Parra, and Gennady Golovkin taking on Kassim Ouma. Moreno and Golovkin go in as big favorites, as does Fernando Guerrero who takes on Grady Brewer on the same evening in the FNF main-event.
Rounding off this week's card is the Commonwealth & British middlweight title match-up between Martin Murray and Nick Blackwell. With only 8 fights to his name heading in, the 20-year-old Blackwell will have his work cut out for him against the former Prizefighter winner.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Saul Alvarez vs Ryan Rhodes (Saturday, June 18)
1. Alvarez to win – risk 8.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Rhodes to win – risk 1.5 points to win 8.5.
B. Method of victory - Saul Alvarez vs Ryan Rhodes (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 18)
1. Alvarez by stoppage – risk 6 to win 4.
2. Alvarez by decision – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Rhodes by stoppage – risk 1 to win 9.
4. Rhodes by decision – risk 0.5 to win 9.5.
C. Pick the winner - Adrien Broner vs Jason Litzau (Saturday, June 18)
1. Broner to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Litzau to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Anselmo Moreno vs Lorenzo Parra (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, June 17)
1. Moreno to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 2.
2. Moreno by stoppage – risk 2 to win 9.
3. Moreno by decision – risk 7 to win 4.
4. Parra (any method) – risk 2 to win 9.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Gennady Golovkin vs Kassim Ouma (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, June 17)
1. Golovkin to win (any method) – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Golovkin by stoppage – risk 5 to win 5.
3. Golovkin by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
4. Ouma (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Fernando Guerrero vs Grady Brewer (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, June 17)
1. Guerrero to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Guerrero by stoppage – risk 5 to win 4.
3. Guerrero by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
4. Brewer (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Martin Murray vs Nick Blackwell (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, June 18)
1. Murray to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 1.
2. Murray by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 4.5.
3. Murray by decision – risk 3.5 to win 4.5.
4. Blackwell (any method) – risk 1 to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Alvarez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Alvarez
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Ryan Rhodes by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Rhodes by stoppage
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Broner to win, you would enter...
C. (3) – 1 – Broner
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...