Wladimir Klitschko takes on David Haye this Saturday in Hamburg, Germany. It's the fight everyone has been eagerly anticipating, and naturally, it's the focus of this week's pick'em game, with plenty of points to be won (and lost) on the heavyweight showdown.
Who's going to win? How will they win? Will it be early or late? Three selections - pick the winner, method of victory and over/under - all devoted to Klitschko-Haye.
We've got a few other fights on the line-up as well. There's Celestino Caballero's trip to Argentina to take on Jonathan Victor Barros in a featherweight clash. One undercard bout from the German show, with Ola Afolabi facing off against longshot Terry Dunstan in a cruiserweight match-up, and ESPN's FNF main-event between Mark Melligan and Sebastian Lujan.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye (Saturday, July 2)
1. Klitschko to win – risk 11.5 points to win 6.5.
2. Haye to win – risk 6.5 points to win 11.5.
B. Method of victory - Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 2)
1. Klitschko by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 7.
2. Klitschko by decision – risk 2.5 to win 10.
3. Haye by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 9.
4. Haye by decision – risk 1 to win 11.5.
C. Over/Under - Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye (Saturday, July 2)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.5.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.5.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 7.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Celestino Caballero vs Jonathan Victor Barros (Saturday, July 2)
1. Caballero to win – risk 7 points to win 5.
2. Barros to win – risk 5 points to win 7.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ola Afolabi vs Terry Dunstan (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 2)
1. Afolabi by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
2. Afolabi by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
3. Dunstan (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner - Mark Melligan vs Sebastian Lujan (Friday, July 1)
1. Melligan to win – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Lujan to win – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Klitschko to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Klitschko
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Haye by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Haye by stoppage
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on the fight going under 8 1/2 rounds, you would enter...
C. (3) – 4 – Under 8 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...