Earlier we featured Brian Kenny and his latest interview with Floyd Mayweather Jr, and now here's his discussion with Victor Ortiz. For those who can't stand my nit-picking on Ortiz, please look away, because this is...wow.
Now let's talk about one particular thing here.
Ortiz on the fight: "Let me tell you something. Back when I was nine years old, I always said to myself one day I would be the welterweight champion of the world, and when that day came around, I would be the first to fight Floyd Mayweather and give him his first defeat. I said that -- I was nine. I mean, the years have passed, I'm 24 now..."
- Victor Ortiz turned nine years old on January 31, 1996.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr went professional on October 11, 1996, as a super featherweight.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr would not become a welterweight until 2005.
- I don't think many nine year old kids dream that they'll be fighting at 147 pounds.
- I am going to leave it at that before I explode my brain over this ridiculous, blatantly fake story that Victor Ortiz is trying to peddle.
- I MEAN COME ON!