Will Victor Ortiz once again tell the hilarious story of dreaming of fighting Floyd as a nine-year-old? (Photo by Daniel Barry/Getty Images)
The second of two back-to-back press conferences for the September 17 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Victor Ortiz is live tonight, with the video below going live at 10:30 pm EDT. The conference is expected to start at 11pm EDT, but yesterday they were about an hour late, so we'll see.
Here's a quick roundup of what's gone down since yesterday morning:
- We talked about the reserved Mayweather from New York yesterday. We'll see if any of that was just jet lag, which I think is quite possible. His LA demeanor, back on his local time, could be more telling.
- Here's the hilariously awful, 11-minute STAR POWER!!! video. I'm not bashing this video with any seriosuness, by the way, it's just incredibly funny to me. It's so bad.
- Anthony Wilson provided us with a terrific piece on a dream he had about the fight.
- We found out that Victor Ortiz had to agree to a rematch clause to land the fight, and then everyone got all mad at me because I don't agree with Ortiz that he hasn't been "spoon fed" in his career.
- Then today, Ortiz told the greatest whopper lie of his pro career -- or at least I hope it's the greatest whopper lie of his pro career.
- Brian Kenny also tried to get a sensational interview with Mayweather, but Floyd was just chillin' and stuff and not getting into anymore shouting matches. I really think he might have just been tired the more I look at him yesterday. But again, we'll see tonight.
Join us tonight, because yesterday we had a great bit of fun with the NY presser.