Amir Khan takes on Zab Judah in this weekend's feature bout. (Photo by Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)
We've got three fights on this weekend's lineup, including a big junior-welterweight clash and a much hyped heavyweight grudge match.
The big one takes place Saturday night on HBO, with junior-welterweights Amir Khan and Zab Judah going at it in Las Vegas. Khan is a considerable favorite, though Judah certainly has the power to threaten an upset. Plenty to choose from in this one, as we've added an over/under to the normal straight winner and method of victory options.
Earlier in the day, British heavyweight talkers Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury meet in a 12 rounder at Wembley Arena. Chisora's British and Commonwealth titles are on the line, with a a much bigger fight against Wladimir Klitschko potentially awaiting the winner. On the undercard is Ashley Theophane's British light-welterweight title defense against Jason Cook, with the latter coming in as a sizable underdog.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 7 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Amir Khan vs Zab Judah (Saturday, July 16)
1. Khan to win – risk 11.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Judah to win – risk 2.5 points to win 11.5.
B. Method of victory - Amir Khan vs Zab Judah (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 16)
1. Khan by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
2. Khan by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Judah by stoppage – risk 1 to win 8.
4. Judah by decision – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
C. Over/Under - Amir Khan vs Zab Judah (Saturday, July 16)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 9 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
3. Under 6 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 9 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Dereck Chisora vs Tyson Fury (Saturday, July 16)
1. Chisora to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Fury to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
E. Method of victory - Dereck Chisora vs Tyson Fury (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 16)
1. Chisora by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
2. Chisora by decision – risk 2 to win 7.
3. Fury by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Fury by decision – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ashley Theophane vs Jason Cook (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 16)
1. Theophane to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Theophane by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
3. Theophane by decision – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
4. Cook (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Khan to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Khan
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Judah by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 4 - Judah by decision
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on the fight going over 9 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 9 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...