Pawel Wolak is looking to take a rematch late this year with Delvin Rodriguez. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)
Junior middleweights Pawel Wolak and Delvin Rodriguez said tonight on Friday Night Fights on ESPN that they're hoping to face one another a second time in December, which would be a rematch of their fight from last week that drew rave reviews. The fight aired tonight in an encore presentation on ESPN2. The two went to a draw in an instant classic war.
Wolak spoke to Brian Kenny by phone and said he'd look forward to a rematch, while Rodriguez was in the ESPN studio.
"I'm willing and able to do it. I've gotta heal up, and then I'm willing to do it," said Wolak. "I've met with my promoters, I haven't gotten any concrete response on what's next. But I'm definitely willing to do it."
Rodriguez, like many, proposed that the rematch should happen on December 3 at Madison Square Garden on the Cotto vs Margarito undercard.
"I think it's perfect. It's a rematch that people would like to see. The fans want it," said Rodriguez.
"I think it's a great idea to have it on the undercard of Cotto vs Margarito. New York, back in New York, the fans would love it. The place is gonna be jumping. Two rematches. ... I think it's a perfect opportunity, perfect place, perfect time."