With Robert Guerrero and Marcos Maidana originally scheduled to do battle, this was supposed to be one of the bigger fight weekends of the summer. Unfortunately, a shoulder injury to Guerrero scrapped those plans, and has left Week 2 of our pick'em game a little short on options.
Thankfully, we do have a few fights to select from as there's a heavyweight double-header from Germany and a light-flyweight clash from Mexico taking place on Saturday.
The heavyweight action will be broadcast on Epix and has Alexander Povetkin taking on Ruslan Chagaev in one bout, and Robert Helenius going up against Sergei Liakhovich in the other. In the 108lb clash, Ulises Solis squares off with untested Filipino prospect Jether Oliva.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Alexander Povetkin vs Ruslan Chagaev (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 27)
1. Povetkin to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Povetkin by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Povetkin by decision – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
4. Chagaev (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
B. Over/Under - Alexander Povetkin vs Ruslan Chagaev (Saturday, August 20)
1. Over 10 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 3.
2. Under 10 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Robert Helenius vs Sergei Liakhovich (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 27)
1. Helenius to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 0.5.
2. Helenius by stoppage – risk 5 to win 3.
3. Helenius by decision – risk 2.5 to win 5.5.
4. Liakhovich (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 7.5.
D. Over/Under - Robert Helenius vs Sergie Liakovich (Saturday, August 27)
1. Over 9 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
1. Under 9 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ulises Solis vs Jether Oliva (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, August 27)
1. Solis to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Solis by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Solis by decision – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
4. Oliva (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Povetkin to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Povetkin
For Selection B, if you wish to pick the over without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 1 - Over 10 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Helenius to win by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Helenius by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...