Andre Berto will be looking to get back into the winner's circle when he takes on Jan Zaveck this Saturday. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
We've got four fights on the line-up this week, with the HBO main-event welterweight clash between Andre Berto and Jan Zaveck serving as the main attraction. Along with Berto-Zaveck, the undercard bout between Thomas Oosthuizen and Aaron Pyror Jr has also been included - though it looks like there will be no televised coverage of that 10-rounder.
Sky Sports has a very well matched main-event lined up between Jamie McDonell and Stuart Hall. We've devoted two selections to this battle of bantamweights.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 3 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Andre Berto vs Jan Zaveck (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 3)
1. Berto to win (any method) – risk 10.5 to win 2.5.
2. Berto by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 7.5.
3. Berto by decision – risk 5 to win 8.
4. Zaveck (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 10.5.
B. Over/Under - Andre Berto vs Jan Zaveck (Saturday, September 3)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
C. Pick the winner - Jamie McDonnell vs Stuart Hall (Saturday, September 3)
1. McDonnell to win – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Hall to win – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
D. Method of victory - Jamie McDonnell vs Stuart Hall (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 3)
1. McDonnell by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
2. McDonnell by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Hall by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
4. Hall by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Carl Johanneson vs Michael Grant (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - September 3) 1. Johanneson to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Johanneson by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
3. Johanneson by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
4. Grant (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
F. Pick the winner - Thomas Oosthuizen vs Aaron Pryor Jr. (Saturday, September 3)
1. Oosthuizen to win – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Pryor to win – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Berto to win by any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Berto to win (any method)
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Over 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 1 - Over 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Hall to win, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Hall
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...