Tons of fight talk going around right now, so let's look at some of the news.
- Juan Manuel Lopez will take a tune-up fight while waiting for a rematch with Orlando Salido in 2012. October 1 is the date being passed around, and the fight would take place in Puerto Rico. No opponents have been discussed, but don't expect much.
- Two notable rematches have been ordered. After spending time considering it, the WBA has ordered a rematch between featherweight titlist Jonathan Victor Barros and Celestino Caballero. Barros received a controversial split decision win in Argentina over Caballero on July 2 in Argentina.
- The second rematch has been sent down by the WBC for welterweights Selcuk Aydin and Jo Jo Dan. Aydin has been trying to get a WBC title shot since last year, but hasn't really come all that close to landing the fight with either Andre Berto or Victor Ortiz. He got into position for the WBC belt with a very, very debated victory over Jo Jo Dan in Turkey in June 2010.
- Arthur Abraham would like to fight Felix Sturm at some point as he returns to 160 pounds, but he'll first be back on November 5 with a tune-up to test himself at the weight.
- Super middleweight prospect Edwin Rodriguez will be back on August 20 at the Mechanics Hall in Worcester, Mass., facing Chris Traietti. Traietti is just a stay-busy opponent for Rodriguez.
- Notre Dame's Mike Lee (I think you have to call him "Notre Dame's Mike Lee" so that people remember who he is) will be back in the ring on September 16 at the Joyce Center, which is the home of Notre Dame basketball.
- Fernando Montiel is back on August 20 in Mexico, against Alvaro Perez. Eusebio Osejo was the first named opponent, and his trainer said the fight would be at a 124-pound catchweight. Another report actually has Montiel back on August 13 against Orlando Ruiz.
- The WBC has ordered a fight between Victor Lupo and Paul Malignaggi's vacation buddy Phil Lo Greco.