Just in case you missed anything on the super busy Wednesday, here's a big recap of all what went down. I'll be out a good chunk of Thursday thanks to a vacation supplies trip to Costco (it's a trek, y'know), and then part of Friday while I'm on the road, but I'll be around more of the weekend than anticipated, and it'll still be a nice full weekend of fight coverage and all that.
Mayweather vs Ortiz
- Floyd Mayweather Sr's reaction to the 24/7 argument with his son.
- Quotes from Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight.
- Ortiz says he'll end Floyd's career.
- Ortiz on finances, taking the anti-Mayweather stance.
- Ortiz's media workout (video).
Pacquiao vs Marquez
- Top Rank hopes to set a new Pacquiao PPV record.
- Media tour starting on Saturday in Manila with 50,000 expected in attendance.
- Manny's already started training for the fight.
Oscar De La Hoya Goes Wild
- Oscar talks Hopkins, Mayweather, Pacquiao, and the real Julio Cesar Chavez.
- The lingerie photos were real. Shockingly, nobody really gives a crap.
- Oscar talks about drug and alcohol problems. More of that here.
Wednesday Morning Fight Results
- Australia: Daniel Geale tops Eromosele Albert by decision, undercard results here.
- Japan: Koki Kameda narrowly retains title, Hugo Cazares loses his.
- The new Pick'em Game lineup is up.
- Robert Guerrero's shoulder surgery was successful.
- Robert Garcia says Margarito not concerned with silly Cotto catchweight.
- September 15 ESPN Deportes card in El Paso set, main evented by Jhonny Gonzalez vs Rogers Mtagwa.
- Saul "Canelo" Alvarez training at Big Bear (video).
- Shane Mosley older, shorter than Jose Benavidez Jr, but sparring with the youngster.
- Andre Berto respects Jan Zaveck for traveling to defend his title.
- Donaire vs Narvaez headed to New York.
- Povetkin vs Holyfield not set just yet, says Sauerland.
- ShoBox notes for cards in September and October.
- Grainy video shows us the extent of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr's devastating ceiling fan injury.
- "Da Brick" gets a cast.
- Don King signs BJ Flores. Best joke: "How can Flores decline fights if Don King never gets any for him?" by The Kittitas Kid.
- Kelly Pavlik news? No news, really.