Yuriorkis Gamboa takes on Daniel Ponce De Leon this Saturday night in Atlantic City. The Cuban speedster enters the featherweight clash as a heavy favorite. (Photo by Hunter Martin/Getty Images)
We've got four fights on the pick'em line-up this weekend, with the heavyweight clash between Vitali Klitschko and Tomasz Adamek serving as the main-attraction. Not surprisingly, the odds are heavily in favor of Klitschko, though it's worth noting that the fight will be taking place on Adamek's home turf. The odds are similarly wide for the other major bout of the weekend, a featherweight match-up from Atlantic City between Yuriorkis Gamboa and Daniel Ponce de Leon. Both those fights will be on HBO, with the tape delayed broadcast of Klitschko/Adamek leading off the show.
Also on the game-sheet is a junior-welterweight clash from Belfast, with Paul McCloskey facing off against Breidis Prescott. McCloskey is coming off his first career defeat, a technical decision loss to Amir Khan back in April. Prescott made his name off of a one round destruction of Khan a few years back, though has lost twice since and enters this one as the underdog.
Rounding out the line-up is a Friday night cruiserweight match-up between Lateef Kayode and Felix Cora Jr. This one's on Shobox and is scheduled for ten rounds.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 10)
1. Klitschko to win (any method) – risk 13.5 to win 2.5.
2. Klitschko by stoppage – risk 9.5 to win 6.5.
3. Klitschko by decision – risk 4 to win 12.
4. Adamek (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 13.5.
B. Over/Under - Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek (Saturday, September 10)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 6.5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 6.5.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 4.5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Daniel Ponce De Leon (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 10)
1. Gamboa to win (any method) – risk 10.5 to win 1.5.
2. Gamboa by stoppage – risk 8.5 to win 3.5.
3. Gamboa by decision – risk 2 to win 10.
4. Ponce De Leon (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
D. Over/Under - Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Daniel Ponce De Leon (Saturday, September 10)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
E. Pick the winner - Paul McCloskey vs Breidis Prescott (Saturday, September 10)
1. McCloskey to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Prescott to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
F. Pick the winner - Lateef Kayode vs Felix Cora Jr. (Friday, September 9)
1. Kayode to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Cora Jr. to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Klitschko to win by any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Klitschko to win (any method)
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Over 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 1 - Over 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Gamboa by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Gamboa by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...