We've got 5 fights on this week's pick'em line-up, including the Friday Night Fights main-event, and double-headers from the UK and Germany.
The FNF match-up, from the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, features a super-bantamweight match-up, scheduled for 10 rounds, between Teon Kennedy and Chris Martin. Both fighters are coming off a loss in their last outing.
A couple of British heavyweights, looking to get back into domestic title contention face-off at York Hall on Friday, with Sam Sexton going up against Larry Olubamiwo. Also on the card is the British cruiserweight title fight between champion Leon Williams and challenger Shane McPhilbin. This is a Friday show, so make sure you get your selections in on time.
Arthur Abraham returns on the German show, from the Baden-Arena, in a 12-rounder against Argentinean Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias. The co-feature is Super-Middleweight Robert Stieglitz, in a stay-busy title defense against unheralded Henry Weber.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Teon Kennedy vs Chris Martin (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, January 13)
1. Kennedy to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 2.5.
2. Kennedy by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Kennedy by decision – risk 5 to win 5.
4. Martin (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Sam Sexton vs Larry Olubamiwo (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, January 13)
1. Sexton to win (any method) – risk 7 to win 2.
2. Sexton by stoppage – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Sexton by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
4. Olubamiwo (any method) – risk 2 to win 7.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Leon Williams vs Shane McPhilbin (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, January 13)
1. Williams to win (any method) – risk 6 to win 3.
2. Williams by stoppage – risk 3 to win 6.
3. Williams by decision – risk 3 to win 6.
4. McPhilbin (any method) – risk 3 to win 6.
D. *Over/Under - Arthur Abraham vs Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias (Saturday, January 14)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 9 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
3. Under 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 9 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
*Over 6 1/2 = 6 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 7.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Robert Stieglitz vs Henry Weber (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 14)
1. Stieglitz to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Stieglitz by stoppage – risk 6 to win 3.
3. Stieglitz by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Weber (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Kennedy to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Kennedy to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Sexton by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Sexton by decision
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Williams by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Williams by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...