Guillermo Rigondeaux takes on Rico Ramos this Friday night on Showtime. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)
We've got 4 fights on this week's line-up, with Showtime's 122lb match-up between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Rico Ramos topping the bill.
Also on the game-sheet are a couple of bouts from Liverpool. On Friday, Derry Mathews goes up against Italian Emiliano Marsili in a lightweight clash, while British heavyweights David Price and John McDermott square off in the Sky Sports main-event on Saturday.
Rounding off this week's selections is a lightweight match-up from Mexico between Miguel Vazquez and Ameth Diaz.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the latest standings here.
Let’s get to the week 2 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Rico Ramos (Friday, January 20)
1. Rigondeaux to win – risk 8 points to win 3.
2. Ramos to win – risk 3 points to win 8.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Rico Ramos (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, January 20)
1. Rigondeaux by stoppage – risk 4 to win 5.
2. Rigondeaux by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
3. Ramos by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
4. Ramos by decision – risk 1 to win 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Derry Mathews vs Emiliano Marsili (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, January 20)
1. Matthews to win (any method) – risk 6.5 to win 2.5.
2. Matthews by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
3. Matthews by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
4. Marsili (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - David Price vs John McDermott (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 21)
1. Price to win (any method) – risk 7.5 to win 1.5.
2. Price by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
3. Price by decision – risk 2 to win 7.
4. McDermott (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Miguel Vazquez vs Ameth Diaz (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 21)
1. Vazquez to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Vazquez by stoppage – risk 5.5 to win 3.5.
3. Vazquez by decision – risk 2.5 to win 6.5.
4. Diaz (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Rigondeaux to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Rigondeaux to win
For Selection B, if you wish to pick Ramos by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 3 - Ramos by decision
For Selection C, if you wanted to use a triple on Mathews by stoppage, you would enter...
C. (3) – 2 – Mathews by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...