We've got 6 fights on this weekend's line-up, with Mexican super-bantamweights Rafael Marquez and Cristian Mijares topping the bill.
Also on the game-sheet is a triple-header from HBO, with promising slugger Thomas Dulorme taking on Luis Carlos Abregu in the main-event. The opener features Miguel Vazquez (BLH #1) going up against Marvin Quintero, followed by what might be the best fight of the weekend, with undefeated Karim Mayfield facing off with Mauricio Herrera.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 3 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Rafael Marquez vs Cristian Mijares (Saturday, October 27)
1. Marquez to win – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Mijares to win – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Thomas Dulorme vs Luis Carlos Abregu (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 27)
1. Dulorme to win – risk 9 to win 3.
2. Dulorme to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 7.
3. Dulorme by decision – risk 4 to win 8.
4. Abregu (any method) – risk 3 to win 9.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Miguel Vazquez vs Marvin Quintero (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 27)
1. Vazquez to win – risk 9.5 to win 1.5.
2. Vazquez to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 6.
3. Vazquez by decision – risk 4.5 to win 6.5.
4. Quintero (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 9.5.
D. Pick the winner - Karim Mayfield vs Mauricio Herrera (Saturday, October 27)
1. Mayfield to win – risk 6.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Herrera to win – risk 4.5 points to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Takahiro Ao vs Gamaliel Diaz (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 27)
1. Ao to win – risk 10 to win 2.
2. Ao to win by stoppage – risk 2 to win 10.
3. Ao by decision – risk 8 to win 4.
4. Diaz (any method) – risk 2 to win 10.
F. Pick the winner - Alejandro Lopez vs Takalani Ndlovu (Saturday, October 27)
1. Lopez to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Ndlovu to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Marquez to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Marquez to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Dulorme by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Dulorme by stoppage
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on Vazquez to win by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Vazquez by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...