Wilfredo Vazquez Jr takes on Jonathan Oquendo this Saturday
We've got 5 fights on the line-up to decide this season's winner - and of course, if you're a little farther down in the standings, there's still Player of the Year Points to compete for.
Prizefighter is back with a strong line-up of lightweights, that includes Derry Mathews, Anthony Crolla and Gary Sykes. As we've seen many times in the series, outsiders have a legit chance of winning, so if you're looking for big points at minimal risk to close out the season, it might be wise to consider one of the tournament's longshots.
The rematch of arguably last year's best fight takes place this weekend, with Kompayak Porpramook (#3) looking to get the better of Adrian Hernandez (BLH #5) once more. Having traveled to Thailand for the first encounter, Hernandez will have the hometown advantage on this occasion.
We've also got an interesting match-up of top 10 junior-middleweights with Zaurbek Baysangurov (#9) hosting Lukas Konecny (#8) in Kiev. A double-header from Puerto Rico rounds out the line-up, with Moises Fuentes (#2) taking on Ivan Calderon, and Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (#7) going up against Jonathan Oquendo.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the current standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Prizefighter Lightweights - Derry Mathews, Anthony Crolla, Gary Sykes, Tommy Coyle, Terry Flannigan, Liam Patrick Walsh, Stephen Jennings & Jamie Spence (Saturday, October 6)
1. Mathews to win – risk 3 to win 9.
2. Crolla to win – risk 3 to win 9.
3. Sykes to win – risk 2 to win 10.
4. Coyle to win – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
5. Flannigan to win – risk 1 to win 11.
6. Walsh or Jennings (2 fighters for one price) – risk 1 to win 11.
7. Spence or any late sub – risk 0.5 to win 11.5.
B. Pick the winner - Kompayak Porpramook vs Adrian Hernandez (Saturday, October 6)
1. Porpramook to win – risk 7.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Hernandez to win – risk 5.5 points to win 7.5.
C. Pick the winner - Zaurbek Baysangurov vs Lukas Konecny (Saturday, October 6)
1. Baysangurov to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Konecny to win – risk 4 points to win 8.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Moises Fuentes vs Ivan Calderon (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 6)
1. Fuentes to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 2.5.
2. Fuentes by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 6.5.
3. Fuentes by decision – risk 4 to win 7.
4. Calderon (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Wilfredo Vazquez Jr vs Jonathan Oquendo (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 6)
1. Vazquez to win (any method) – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Vazquez by stoppage – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Vazquez by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
4. Oquendo (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Mathews to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Mathews to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Hernandez without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Hernandez
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on Konecny...
C. (3) – 2 - Konecny
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...