With a potential rematch against Carl Froch looming, Lucian Bute will need a win against Denis Grachev. - Scott Heavey
We've got a busy weekend of fights on the pick'em schedule, with Lucian Bute (#4 at 168) headlining the action in a light-heavyweight clash against Denis Grachev in Montreal. The Bute-Grachev show also features a couple of undercard fights that appear to be well matched, with super-middleweights Allan Green and Renan St. Juste facing off, and Sebastian Gauthier taking on Rodrigo Guerrero in a 122lb contest.
Also on the line-up is a double-header from Japan, with Shinsuke Yamanaka (#3) taking on Tomas Rojas in a battle of bantamweights, and flyweight champion Toshiyuki Igarashi (#4) going up against Nestor Daniel Narvaes.
Rounding out the game-sheet is a cruiserweight match-up from Germany between Marco Huck (#1) and Firat Arslan, and the latest installment of the always entertaining Prizefighter series (light-middleweights).
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Lucian Bute vs Denis Grachev (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 3)
1. Bute to win – risk 11 to win 2.
2. Bute to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 8.
3. Bute by decision – risk 6 to win 7.
4. Grachev (any method) – risk 2 to win 11.
B. *Over/Under - Lucian Bute vs Denis Grachev (Saturday, November 3)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 6.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
C. Pick the winner - Allan Green vs Renan St. Juste (Saturday, November 3)
1. Green to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. St. Juste to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
D. Pick the winner - Sebastien Gauthier vs Rodrigo Guerrero (Saturday, November 3)
1. Gauthier to win – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Guerrero to win – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
E. Pick the winner - Shinsuke Yamanaka vs Tomas Rojas (Saturday, November 3)
1. Yamanaka to win – risk 8.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Rojas to win – risk 3.5 points to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Shinsuke Yamanaka vs Tomas Rojas (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 3)
1. Yamanaka by stoppage – risk 2 to win 8.
2. Yamanaka by decision – risk 5 to win 5.
3. Rojas by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
4. Rojas by decision – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Toshiyuki Igarashi vs Nestor Daniel Narvaes (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 3)
1. Igarashi to win – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Igarashi to win by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Igarashi by decision – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
4. Narvaes (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Marco Huck vs Firat Arslan (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 3)
1. Huck to win – risk 12 to win 1.
2. Huck to win by stoppage – risk 9 to win 4.
3. Huck by decision – risk 3 to win 10.
4. Arslan (any method) – risk 1 to win 12.
I. Pick the winner - Prizefighter Light-Middleweights - Craig McEwan, Larry Ekundayo, Kris Carslaw, Curtis Valentine, Peter Vaughan, Navid Mansouri, Ryan Toms and Terry Carruthers (Saturday, November 3)
1. McEwan to win – risk 5 to win 8.
2. Ekundayo to win – risk 3 to win 10.
3. Carslaw to win – risk 1.5 to win 11.5.
4. Valentine to win – risk 1.5 to win 11.5.
5. Vaughn to win – risk 1 to win 12.
6. Mansouri – risk 1 to win 12.
7. Toms, Carruthers or any late sub (all are covered with this pick) – risk 1 to win 12.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Bute to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Garcia to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the over 11 1/2 in Bute-Grachev without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on St. Juste to win...
C. (3) – 2 - St. Juste
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...