As I sit here scanning through the archives of BLH, I suddenly felt nostalgic and thought of writing something to commemorate the old Bad Left Hook format. I know this is kinda late but please allow me to share some of the most memorable moments/things that I've witnessed here in this amazing site.
I've been here for quite a while, starting as a lurker around late 2006. Back then, my most awaited article was the BLH Top 10. Then in 2009, I officially made this account and decided to enter the magical world of the comment threads. There, I was able to bathe myself with facts, opinions, views, and all sorts of information regarding boxing.
Here are the 5 things (off the top of my mind) that stood out:
5. The in-depth updates of lesser known and underrated boxing regions such as the Japanese and South East Asian boxing scenario thanks to selfless guys like Sidney and Areglado who actually slice a chunk of their time just to inform us what's actually happening in those places.
4. Annual Bricky Awards. The Razzie of boxing. With awards such as Robbery of the Year, Worst Ring Entrances, even Worst Hairstyle, how can you go wrong plus the familiar Brickhaus humor. I was actually disappointed when Brick didn't do the awards last year but I hope he will do it later this year 'cause I find it very entertaining.
3. Golden Infos. As I've said, I learned a lot here especially about the past glory days of boxing thanks to Ted, JC40, Goatsnake, and basically them ESB guys who went here and enlightened(me, at least) about the things that was happening around back when I wasn't born yet.
2. The Pacquiao-Cotto live thread. If I'm not mistaken, that thread is one of the longest if not the longest here. Believe it or not, one of the main reasons that it became that long was because Yuri Foreman was part of the undercard. Thanks to tichbou who actually made that thread very entertaining and lively.
1. Epic arguments especially the jrok vs lcollins1 series of debates. Those two were like Izzy and Rafa of BLH. Every point they presented mattered. And I was happily guilty of siding with both of them on several occasions that they argued. jrok vs Chaos100 too was very insightful. Basically, jrok vs. anyone was a joy to read. That dude can easily mix it up with anyone.
So there you go. I hope you enjoyed my little time killer here. Happy Thanksgiving!