Tom Casino / Showtime
We've also got a couple heavyweight clashes from Britain on the game-sheet with Tyson Fury (#9) taking on Kevin Johnson and David Price facing Matt Skelton. Rounding out this week's action is a 140lb match-up from Florida between Joan Guzman and Khabib Allakhverdiev.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 8 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout (Saturday, December 1)
1. Cotto to win – risk 12 points to win 5.
2. Trout to win – risk 5 points to win 12.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 1)
1. Cotto by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
2. Cotto by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Trout by stoppage – risk 1 to win 9.
4. Trout by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
C. *Over/Under - Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout (Saturday, December 1)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Tyson Fury vs Kevin Johnson (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, December 1)
1. Fury to win – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Fury to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Fury by decision – risk 6 to win 4.
4. Johnson (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
E. Pick the winner - Joan Guzman vs Khabib Allakhverdiev (Friday, November 30)
1. Guzman to win – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Allakhverdiev to win – risk 3 points to win 6.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - David Price vs Matt Skelton (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, November 30)
1. Price to win by stoppage (rounds 1- 4) – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
2. Price to win by stoppage (rounds 5 -12) – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
3. Price by decision – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
4. Skelton (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Cotto to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Cotto to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Cotto by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Cotto by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 11 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...