This weekend's big fight features Abner Mares and Anselmo Moreno in what looks like a very evenly matched contest. - Tom Casino / Showtime
Wladimir Klitschko (#1) is back for what should be, though you never know, a routine outing against Mariusz Wach. If you're looking for a longshot to get back in the race, the odds might be to your liking on the Polish heavyweight. We're also offering an over/under on this one.
HBO has a double-header on Saturday night, with Erislandy Lara (#3) taking on Vanes Martirosyan in a junior-middleweight clash, and Mikey Garcia (#5 at 126) going up against Jonathan Barros in a 10-round super-featherweight match-up.
Rounding out the line-up are a couple of Friday fights, with Chris John (#2) meeting Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo in a battle of undefeated featherweights in Singapore, and a Commonwealth light-heavyweight title fight between Ovill McKenzie and Enzo Maccarinelli from Liverpool.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 5 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Abner Mares vs Anselmo Moreno (Saturday, November 10)
1. Mares to win – risk 10.5 points to win 7.5.
2. Moreno to win – risk 7.5 points to win 10.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Abner Mares vs Anselmo Moreno (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 10)
1. Mares by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
2. Mares by decision – risk 5.5 to win 6.5.
3. Moreno by stoppage – risk 1 to win 11.
4. Moreno by decision – risk 4 to win 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Wladimir Klitschko vs Mariusz Wach (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 10)
1. Klitschko to win by stoppage (rounds 1-6) – risk 6 to win 8.
2. Klitschko to win by stoppage (rounds 7-12) – risk 5 to win 9.
3. Klitschko by decision – risk 2 to win 12.
4. Wach (any method) – risk 1 to win 13.
D. *Over/Under - Wladimir Klitschko vs Mariusz Wach (Saturday, November 10)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Erislandy Lara vs Vanes Martirosyan (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 10)
1. Lara to win – risk 11 to win 3.
2. Lara to win by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 11.5.
3. Lara by decision – risk 8.5 to win 5.5.
4. Martirosyan (any method) – risk 3 to win 11.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Mikey Garcia vs Jonathan Barros (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 10)
1. Garcia to win – risk 10 to win 2.
2. Garcia to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 8.5.
3. Garcia by decision – risk 4.5 to win 7.5.
4. Barros (any method) – risk 2 to win 10.
G. Pick the winner - Chris John vs Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo (Friday, November 9)
1. John to win – risk 8.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Piriyapinyo to win – risk 2.5 points to win 8.5.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ovill McKenzie vs Enzo Maccarinelli (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, November 9)
1. McKenzie to win – risk 6 to win 3.
2. McKenzie to win by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
3. McKenzie by decision – risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
4. Maccarinelli (any method) – risk 3 to win 6.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Mares to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Mares to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Mares by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Mares by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on Klitschko by stoppage between rounds 7 and 12...
C. (3) – 2 - Klitschko by stoppage (7-12)
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...