Manny Pacquiao has signed up for a dangerous bout with Timothy Bradley on June 9. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr are, as always, at the forefront of basically all boxing discussion. Though the two pound-for-pound standouts won't be facing one another, they have both signed up for fights that have a lot of people talking, and do present some challenge.
Pacquiao has agreed to terms to face Timothy Bradley on June 9, which was reported earlier today. Mayweather will face Miguel Cotto on May 5.
So what's the better fight? Which one are you most looking forward to?
- Timothy Bradley is a really, really good fighter, the best 140-pound fighter in the world.
- Bradley is clever, and not on paper tailor-made for Manny. He's not a plodder and he's not easy to hit.
- Bradley isn't afraid to make a fight ugly, and he's good at doing so. Manny's not an ugly fight kind of guy.
- Bradley, at 28, is absolutely in his prime years. He's a guy who stays in phenomenal shape year-round and is always ready to fight.
- The risk-reward isn't equal here. Bradley's no superstar.
- Miguel Cotto is still a very good fighter, and his limited work with Pedro Diaz showed how smart of a boxer he can be.
- Cotto will have an advantage on paper fighting at 154 pounds. Mayweather has only fought above 147 once, and struggled somewhat to defeat an aged Oscar De La Hoya in 2007. Floyd weighed 150 for that fight, which is said to be right about his everyday weight.
- While Manny's 33 and probably showing some signs of age, Mayweather's going to turn 35 this month and definitely doesn't move the way he used to. His legs aren't what they once were. All great fighters get old, often very suddenly.
- Mayweather's got a lot of other things on his mind. He'll be reporting for jail on June 1. Will that be a distraction for him? He's human, not an emotionless boxing machine.
- Miguel Cotto is a proud fighter, a real champion no matter how bogus any title belts may or may not be. He's going to come to win.
What's the better fight, Mayweather vs Cotto or Pacquiao vs Bradley?
Mayweather vs Cotto (934 votes)
Pacquiao vs Bradley (1170 votes)
2104 total votes