Everyone is back on level terms as a new season of pick'em action starts this week.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
Topping the bill for week 1 are a pair of the world's best 168lb fighters, with unbeaten southpaw Lucian Bute traveling to Nottingham for a showdown with Super-Six runner-up Carl Froch. As there isn't too much else happening in the boxing world this weekend, we've thrown an over-under in as well for this one.
The show's main supporting bout has promising Carl Frampton taking on Raul Hirales of Mexico in a 12-round super-bantamweight clash.
An interesting Friday Night Fights match-up rounds out this week's action, with Alisher Rahimov taking on Ji-Hoon Kim in Missouri.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Lucian Bute vs Carl Froch (Saturday, May 26)
1. Bute to win – risk 10 points to win 6.
2. Froch to win – risk 6 points to win 10.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Lucian Bute vs Carl Froch (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 26)
1. Bute by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
2. Bute by decision – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
3. Froch by stoppage – risk 1 to win 9.
4. Froch by decision – risk 3 to win 7.
C. *Over/Under - Lucian Bute vs Carl Froch (Saturday, May 26)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 8 points to win 2.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 2 points to win 8.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
*Over 8 1/2 = 8 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 9.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Carl Frampton vs Raul Hirales (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, May 26)
1. Frampton to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 0.5.
2. Frampton by stoppage – risk 5 to win 4.
3. Frampton by decision – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
4. Hirales (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 8.5.
E. Pick the winner - Alisher Rahimov vs Ji-Hoon Kim (Friday, May 25)
1. Rahimov to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Kim to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Bute to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Bute to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Froch by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 4 - Froch by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on the fight going over 11 1/2 rounds...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2 rounds
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...