Adrien Broner will be a heavy favorite Saturday night when he takes on Vicente Escobedo in Cincinnati. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Topping the pick'em line-up this week is the HBO main-event between Adrien Broner and Vicente Escobedo. Along with a pick the winner option, we've got an over/under for this one too.
We've also got fights from Shobox, ESPN2, TeleFutura and Fox Deportes on the game-sheet too this week.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the current standings here.
Let’s get to the week 9 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrien Broner vs Vicente Escobedo (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 21)
1. Broner to win (any method) – risk 12.5 to win 1.5.
2. Broner by stoppage – risk 7.5 to win 6.5.
3. Broner by decision – risk 5 to win 9.
4. Escobedo (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
B. *Over/Under - Adrien Broner vs Vicente Escobedo (Saturday, July 21)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Over 10 1/2 – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
3. Under 7 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
4. Under 10 1/2 – risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
C. Pick the winner - Miguel Acosta vs Art Hovhannisyan (Friday, July 20)
1. Acosta to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Hovhannisyan to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
D. Pick the winner - Juan Carlos Burgos vs Cesar Vazquez (Friday, July 20)
1. Burgos to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Vazquez to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner - Argenis Mendez vs Martin Honorio (Saturday, July 21)
1. Mendez to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Honorio to win – risk 3 points to win 7.
F. Pick the winner - Pablo Cesar Cano vs Johan Perez (Saturday, July 21)
1. Cano to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Perez to win – risk 4.5 points to win 4.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Broner to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Broner to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Over 10 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 10 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on Hovhannisyan...
C. (3) – 2 - Hovhannisyan
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...