Robert Guerrero takes on Selcuk Aydin this Saturday night in San Jose. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
The final week of the season is upon us and the title race is still too close to call. For those a little farther back in the standings, there's still plenty at stake with Player of the Year points to play for.
Robert Guerrero's welterweight debut tops the bill as he takes on Selcuk Aydin in the Showtime main-event from San Jose. We've also got two supporting bouts from that card on the game-sheet, with Shawn Porter facing Alfonso Gomez and promising British super-middleweight George Groves going up against Francisco Sierra.
Rounding out the line-up is the Friday Night Fights main-event between Hank Lundy and Raymundo Beltran.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the current standings here.
Let’s get to the week 10 line-up…**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Robert Guerrero vs Selcuk Aydin (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 28)
1. Guerrero to win (any method) – risk 11 to win 3.
2. Guerrero by stoppage – risk 3 to win 11.
3. Guerrero by decision – risk 8 to win 6.
4. Aydin (any method) – risk 3 to win 11.
B. *Over/Under - Robert Guerrero vs Selcuk Aydin (Saturday, July 28)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
*Over 7 1/2 = 7 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 8.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Shawn Porter vs Alfonso Gomez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 28)
1. Porter to win (any method) – risk 6.5 to win 3.5.
2. Porter by stoppage – risk 2 to win 8.
3. Porter by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Gomez (any method) – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - George Groves vs Francisco Sierra (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, July 28)
1. Groves to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Groves by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
3. Groves by decision – risk 5.5 to win 4.5.
4. Sierra (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Hank Lundy vs Raymundo Beltran (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, July 27)
1. Lundy to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Lundy by stoppage – risk 2.5 to win 7.5.
3. Lundy by decision – risk 6 to win 4.
4. Beltran (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Guerrero to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Guerrero to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Over 11 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 10 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on Porter by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Porter by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...