Manny Pacquiao will fight in either November or December, against someone he's already fought, at a place, on a network. Here's what we know for sure: Manny Pacquiao likes headbands. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
Hello! Here's your Manny Pacquiao update for Monday, August 27!
- Pacquiao has not decided on an opponent for his fall return to the ring!
- In fact, it's still not really clear whether he'll be fighting on November 10 or December 1!
- It will be at the MGM Grand, though!
- It will be on HBO pay-per-view, though!
- Either Timothy Bradley or Juan Manuel Marquez will face Manny in a
- Miguel Cotto's name is also being used to help drive interest or something! But Cotto is fighting December 1 at Madison Square Garden and he and Pacquiao found it impossible to agree to terms earlier this year! Also, Cotto is working with Golden Boy on that 12/1 date of his own!
- I wish we'd stop acting like Cotto is on equal ground in this discussion! It's probably 49% Bradley, 49% Marquez, and 2% Cotto!
- Boy, this is exciting stuff!
Stay tuned! We'll all (media, semi-media, sub-media, super-media, chosen few, blogs (ptooey!)) let you know the next time there's really nothing to let you know!