This isn't meant to be a scientific analysis or based on rankings, but is just a list of five fighters I can think of off the top of my head that I can't wait to see fighting again, based on the last time I saw them. In no particular order:
- Gennady Golovkin. I know I'm not alone here. He was amazing in his American debut, and I want to see him again soon, against a top contender.
- Keith Thurman. I was really impressed by his destruction of Orlando Lora in July. Lora had replaced Maidana. I'd love to see THAT matchup take place.
- Sergio Martinez. Obviously.
- Deontay Wilder. Okay, I know he seems out of place on this list, but I guess what I really want is to see him in an actual fight. Even it it's against somebody like Vinny Maddalone or Tye Fields, for God's sake.
- Pier Olivier Cote. I didn't see his last fight on the Bute-Froch undercard, but he looked special in his previous one. But the main reason I can't wait is that I'm hoping to get to Montreal on Nov 3 to see his next fight, vs Ali Chebah on the undercard of the anticipated Bute-Grachev fight.
If it happens, that will be my first time ever attending a fight in person! I KNOW I'm missing a lot by not having been to a fight, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. Hope it happens.