Hasim Rahman / Photo via Team Sauerland
We've got 5 fights to pick from this week, with a trio of bouts on HBO and a heavyweight double-header from Germany.
Hamburg is the host for the big men, with Alexander Povetkin (#6) taking on former champion Hasim Rahman in the main-event, and Kubrat Pulev (#8) meeting Alexander Ustinov in a battle of unbeaten fighters on the undercard.
The HBO card has Edwin Rodriguez taking on Jason Escalara in a super-middleweight match-up, prospect Luis Del Valle facing a serious test in veteran Vic Darchinyan (#5 at 118), and undefeated southpaw Alex Perez going up against Antonin Decarie in a clash of welterweights.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out the current standings here.
Let’s get to the week 9 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Alexander Povetkin vs Hasim Rahman (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 29)
1. Povetkin to win (any method) – risk 12.5 to win 1.5.
2. Povetkin by stoppage – risk 8.5 to win 5.5.
3. Povetkin by decision – risk 4 to win 10.
4. Rahman (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Kubrat Pulev vs Alexander Ustinov (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 29)
1. Pulev to win (any method) – risk 9.5 to win 2.5.
2. Pulev by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 7.5.
3. Pulev by decision – risk 5 to win 7.
4. Ustinov (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Edwin Rodriguez vs Jason Escalera (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, September 29)
1. Rodriguez to win (any method) – risk 8.5 to win 1.5.
2. Rodriguez by stoppage – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Escalara (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 8.5.
D. Pick the winner - Luis Del Valle vs Vic Darchinyan (Saturday, September 29)
1. Del Valle to win – risk 7 points to win 5.
2. Darchinyan to win – risk 5 points to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Alex Perez vs Antonin Decarie (Saturday, September 29)
1. Perez to win – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Decarie to win – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Povetkin to win via any method...
A. (2) – 1 – Povetkin to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Pulev by stoppage without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Pulev by stoppage
For Selection C, if you want to use one of you triples on Rodriguez by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Rodriguez by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...