Mike Dallas Jr. - Tim Warner/Texas Boxing Report
Before we get to this weekend's line-up, a quick note on Player of the Year Points. Due to increased participation in the game this year, the top 40 players each season will now receive POTY Points. Check out the bottom section of the Pick'em Rules page for the complete point breakdown.
Now on to the action...
Lucas Matthysse takes on Mike Dallas Jr in Saturday's Showtime main-event, with the odds heavily favoring the Argentinean. To make this one more interesting, we've added an over/under option. The main supporting bout looks, at least on paper, to be far more competitive with Selcuk Aydin taking on Jesus Soto Karass in what should be a bruising welterweight match-up.
The rest of the action takes place on Friday, with shows on ESPN2 and Showtime. The FNF double-header has Sergiy Dzinziruk going up against Brian Vera in a middleweight clash, along with undefeated Canadian Tony Luis facing late substitute Jose Hernandez. On ShoBox, southpaw Demetrius Andrade puts his perfect record on the line against Freddy Hernandez in a 154lb match-up.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Lucas Matthysse vs Mike Dallas Jr (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 26)
1. Matthysse to win – risk 12 to win 1.
2. Matthysse to win by stoppage – risk 10 to win 3.
3. Matthysse by decision – risk 2 to win 11.
4. Dallas (any method) – risk 1 to win 12.
B. *Over/Under - Lucas Matthysse vs Mike Dallas Jr (Saturday, January 26)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Over 8 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
3. Under 6 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
4. Under 8 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
*Over 6 1/2 = 6 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 7.
C. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Selcuk Aydin vs Jesus Soto Karass (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, January 26)
1. Aydin to win – risk 9 to win 3.
2. Aydin to win by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 7.5.
3. Aydin by decision – risk 4.5 to win 7.5.
4. Karass (any method) – risk 3 to win 9.
D. Pick the winner - Sergiy Dzinziruk vs Brian Vera (Friday, January 25)
1. Dzinziruk to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. Vera to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Tony Luis vs Jose Hernandez (Friday, January 25)
1. Luis to win – risk 6.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Hernandez to win – risk 2.5 points to win 6.5.
F. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Demetrius Andrade vs Freddy Hernandez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, January 25)
1. Andrade to win – risk 8.5 to win 2.5.
2. Andrade to win by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 9.5.
3. Andrade by decision – risk 7 to win 4.
4. Hernandez (any method) – risk 2.5 to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Matthysse to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Matthysse to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 8 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 8 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Aydin by stoppage...
C. (3) – 2 - Aydin by stoppage
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...