With a new season of pick'em action starting this week, everyone's back on even terms. New players are always welcome, so please join in on the fun. Congratulations to Season 18 winner zulubravo and best of luck to all players over the next 10 weeks.
We've got 3 fights on the line-up, with the much anticipated HBO PPV main-event between Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley topping the bill. Method-of-victory and over/under options have been added for this one. Completing the line-up are two undercard fights from the PPV, with Orlando Salido taking Orlando Cruz and Vasyl Lomachenko, in his pro-debut, against Jose Ramirez.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last season's final standings here.
Let’s get to the week 1 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Juan Manuel Marquez vs Timothy Bradley (Saturday, October 12)
1. Marquez to win – risk 10 points to win 7.
2. Bradley to win – risk 7 points to win 10.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Juan Manuel Marquez vs Timothy Bradley (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 12)
1. Marquez by stoppage – risk 3 to win 9.
2. Marquez by decision – risk 4 to win 8.
3. Bradley by stoppage – risk 1 to win 11.
4. Bradley by decision – risk 4 to win 8.
C. *Over/Under - Juan Manuel Marquez vs Timothy Bradley (Saturday, October 12)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
*Over 8 1/2 = 8 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 9.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Orlando Salido vs Orlando Cruz (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 12)
1. Salido to win – risk 9.5 to win 1.5.
2. Salido to win by stoppage – risk 6 to win 5.
3. Salido by decision – risk 3.5 to win 7.5.
4. Cruz (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 9.5.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jose Ramirez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, October 12)
1. Lomachenko to win – risk 10 to win 1.
2. Lomachenko to win by stoppage – risk 4 to win 7.
3. Lomachenko by decision – risk 6 to win 5.
4. Ramirez (any method) – risk 1 to win 10.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Marquez to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Marquez to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Marquez by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Marquez by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 11 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...