We've got 6 fights on the line-up, with the HBO main-event between middleweights Gennady Golovkin and Curtis Stevens topping the bill. The undercard features a battle of undefeated heavyweights, with Magomed Abdusalamov taking on Mike Perez. Also on the same card, but not televised, is a match-up of cruiserweights, with Ola Afolabi going up against Lukasz Janik.
What could be the weekend's best fight takes place in Mexico, with top 10 flyweights Hernan Marquez and Giovani Segura going at it.
In the UK, we've got yet another meeting of undefeated heavyweights, with Lucas Browne facing Richard Towers. On the same show, Tommy Coyle meets John Simpson in a match-up of British lightweights.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 4 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Gennady Golovkin vs Curtis Stevens (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 2)
1. Golovkin to win – risk 12.5 to win 1.5.
2. Golovkin to win by stoppage – risk 11 to win 3.
3. Golovkin by decision – risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
4. Stevens (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
B. *Over/Under - Gennady Golovkin vs Curtis Stevens (Saturday, November 2)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Over 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
4. Under 7 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
C. Pick the winner - Magomed Abdusalamov vs Mike Perez (Saturday, November 2)
1. Abdusalamov to win – risk 5.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Perez to win – risk 5.5 points to win 5.5.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Ola Afolabi vs Lukasz Janik (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 2)
1. Afolabi to win – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Afolabi to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
3. Afolabi by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Janik (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
E. Pick the winner - Hernan Marquez vs Giovanni Segura (Saturday, October 26)
1. Marquez to win – risk 8 points to win 6.
2. Segura to win – risk 6 points to win 8.
F. Pick the winner - Lucas Browne vs Richard Towers (Saturday, November 2)
1. Browne to win – risk 6 points to win 3.
2. Towers to win – risk 3 points to win 6.
G. Pick the winner - Tommy Coyle vs John Simpson (Saturday, November 2)
1. Coyle to win – risk 5.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Simpson to win – risk 2.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Hopkins to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Golovkin to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 7 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 7 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Perez...
C. (3) – 2 - Perez
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...