Dubbed 'David vs. Goliath', aging knockout artist David Tua (52W, 4L, 43K0) is back in the ring against the towering Russian Alexander Ustinov (28W, 1L, 21KO), in Hamilton, New Zealand.
Interesting facts about the fight:
- Tua, 40, hasn't fought for two years, and hasn't knocked out an opponent since Shane Cameron in 2009.
- However, Tua is in tremendous shape, as seen below from a photo from New Zealand's Boxing Alley gym.
- This fight was initially booked for August, however a calf injury sustained by Tua moved it to November.
- Ustinov stands 6"8, a huge height difference compared to Tua's 5"10 stature.
- Ustinov is promoted by the Klitschko's company K2, which also promote rising superstar Gennady "GGG" Golovkin.
- As mentioned by K2 Promotions chief executive, Tua may earn a shot at one of the two Klitschko brothers if he knocks out Ustinov.
- Ustinov is ranked in the top 10 in both the IBF and WBA rankings.
- Ustinov's one loss is against IBF world no. 1 Kubret Pulev.
What do you reckon - will it be another David Tua vs. Lennox Lewis fight?