Topping the bill this weekend is the long awaited return of arguably the world's best fighter in Andre Ward, with the super-middleweight champion taking on Edwin Rodriguez. We've added an unofficial scorecard option to make this one a little more interesting.
There's more 168lb action on the line-up, with a match-up between James Degale and Dyah Davis. Plus, we've got a super-bantamweight clash between Chris Avalos and Rolly Lunas and the latest comeback attempt by David Tua, with the former heavyweight contender taking on Alexander Ustinov in New Zealand.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 6 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Andre Ward vs Edwin Rodriguez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 16)
1. Ward to win – risk 13.5 to win 1.5.
2. Ward to win by stoppage – risk 5 to win 10.
3. Ward by decision – risk 8.5 to win 6.5.
4. Rodriguez (any method) – risk 1.5 to win 13.5.
B. *Over/Under - Andre Ward vs Edwin Rodriguez (Saturday, November 16)
1. Over 11 1/2 – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Under 11 1/2 – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
*Over 11 1/2 = 11 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 12.
C. *Over/Under - Andre Ward vs Edwin Rodriguez - How many rounds will Rodriguez win on the HBO unofficial scorecard (Saturday, November 16)
1. Over 1 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Over 2 1/2 rounds – risk 2.5 points to win 5.5.
3. Under 1 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
4. Under 2 1/2 rounds – risk 5.5 points to win 2.5.
*A KO victory for Rodriguez is an automatic Over
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - James Degale vs Dyah Davis (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 16)
1. Degale to win – risk 9 to win 1.
2. Degale to win by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
3. Degale by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Davis (any method) – risk 1 to win 9.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Chris Avalos vs Rolly Lunas (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, November 16)
1. Avalos to win – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Avalos to win by stoppage – risk 4 to win 5.
3. Avalos by decision – risk 4 to win 5.
4. Lunas (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
F. Pick the winner - Alexander Ustinov vs David Tua (Saturday, November 16)
1. Ustinov to win – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Tua to win – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Garcia to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Ward to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Under 11 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Under 11 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Rodriguez to win more than 2 1/2 rounds...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 2 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...