This kind of a simple idea but I was thinking about the fighters I am most excited to see in 2014.
1. A. B. roner. . .wondering if he'll be able to bounce back and especially if he or Haymon will have the confidence to take tough fights.
He's surely entitled to at least 1 easy one but eventually I'd like to see him in with Lucas, Danny, or even Khan or Ortiz
2. GGG. . .Who doesn't want to see this guy? There are still some skeptics ofcourse because his level of competition hasn't been stellar but I don't think it's his fault and going by the "eye test" though it's frequently wrong, the 'good boy' looks devastating and should have a great year.
3. Stevenson. . .I think he's my pick for FOY though Floyd and Bradley are right up there. You can't deny this guy is on a roll and his stock has moved up more than anyone in 2013.
4. Both Garcias, Danny and Mike. Mike is a machine and Danny is uncanny. Beating a speedster like Khan and a power puncher like Lucas has him on everyone's p4p list and this is a guy who Doesn't seem to pass the 'eye test'
5. Mares elements of Broner for bouncing back but his character is 180 degrees different from the future billionaire. How can you not like Mares?
.6. Khan and Ortiz. I love watching these guys fight but I don't want to see Khan fight Floyd. I'd rather see someone much less talented put him to sleep. As for Ortiz the longer he has stayed away the more skeptical I get of him but he's fun to watch.
7 Kirkland, Kovalev and Ruslan all should be in big, exciting fights this year.