HBO's offering this Saturday between Adrien Broner and Gavin Rees is far from the ideal pick'em headliner, so to make things a little more interesting, along with an over/under pick, we've added a BLH score-card option too. Also on the line-up from the same show is a super-middleweight match-up between Sakio Bika and Nikola Sjekloca.
Rounding out this weekend's action is a 154lb FNF headliner between Delvin Rodriguez and George Tahdooahnippah and a super-bantamweight clash from Mexico between Alejandro Lopez and Jonathan Romero.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 7 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Adrien Broner vs Gavin Rees (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 16)
1. Broner to win – risk 11.5 to win 0.5.
2. Broner to win by stoppage – risk 10 to win 2.
3. Broner by decision – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
4. Rees (any method) – risk 0.5 to win 11.5.
B. *Over/Under - Adrien Broner vs Gavin Rees (Saturday, February 16)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Over 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 7.
3. Under 5 1/2 – risk 5 points to win 5.
4. Under 7 1/2 – risk 7 points to win 3.
*Over 5 1/2 = 5 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 6.
C. Scorecard Special - Adrien Broner vs Gavin Rees - Will Rees win at least 1 round on Scott Christ's Bad Left Hook Round by Round scorecard? (Saturday, February 16)
1. Yes – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. No – risk 4 points to win 4.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Sakio Bika vs Nikola Sjekloca (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, February 16)
1. Bika to win – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Bika to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
3. Bika by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Sjekloca (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
E. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Delvin Rodriguez vs George Tahdooahnippah (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, February 15)
1. Rodriguez to win – risk 8 to win 2.
2. Rodriguez to win by stoppage – risk 3.5 to win 6.5.
3. Rodriguez by decision – risk 4.5 to win 5.5.
4. Tahdooahnippah (any method) – risk 2 to win 8.
F. Pick the winner - Alejandro Lopez vs Jonathan Romero (Saturday, February 16)
1. Lopez to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Romero to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Broner to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Broner to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick the Over 8 1/2 without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Over 8 1/2
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on Rees failing to win a round on the BLH card...
C. (3) – 2 - No
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...