We've got a big super-bantamweight showdown on Saturday night, with Nonito Donaire taking on Guillermo Rigondeaux in battle of hard hitting counter-punchers. Along with the pick-the-winner and method-of-victory options, we've added an Over/Under for this one.
Chris John is also on the line-up, with the Indonesian featherweight going up against Satoshi Hosono. Plus to complete this week's game-sheet, there's FNF and Shobox action for you on Friday night.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
An explanation of how to fill out your selections appears at the bottom of this post - please follow these instructions as it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results quickly each week.
You can check out last week's standings here.
Let’s get to the week 5 line-up…
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight. If you are unfamiliar with any of the fighters, and don't want to risk points, you are free to PASS on any pick. You must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (Saturday, April 13)
1. Donaire to win – risk 12 points to win 5.
2. Rigondeaux to win – risk 5 points to win 12.
B. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, April 13)
1. Donaire by stoppage – risk 3 to win 7.
2. Donaire by decision – risk 4 to win 6.
3. Rigondeaux by stoppage – risk 1 to win 9.
4. Rigondeaux by decision – risk 2 to win 8.
C. *Over/Under - Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (Saturday, April 13)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Over 11 1/2 – risk 6 points to win 4.
3. Under 8 1/2 – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Under 11 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 6.
*Over 8 1/2 = 8 full rounds completed, plus 1/2 round - fight must go past the 1:30 mark of Round 9.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Chris John vs Satoshi Hosono (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Saturday, April 13)
1. John to win – risk 10 to win 2.
2. John to win by stoppage – risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
3. John by decision – risk 8.5 to win 3.5.
4. Hosono (any method) – risk 2 to win 10.
E. Pick the winner - Rico Ramos vs Oscar Gonzalez (Friday, April 12)
1. Ramos to win – risk 5.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Gonzalez to win – risk 3.5 points to win 5.5.
F. Pick the winner - Farah Ennis vs Francisco Sierra (Friday, April 12)****Fight has been canceled due to Sierra coming in overweight.**** 1. Ennis to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Sierra to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Angelo Santana vs Bahodir Mamadjonov (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - Friday, April 13)
1. Santana to win – risk 8 to win 1.
2. Santana to win by stoppage – risk 4.5 to win 4.5.
3. Santana by decision – risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. Mamadjonov (any method) – risk 1 to win 8.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick and the NAME of the FIGHTER and METHOD of victory (where applicable).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Donaire to win...
A. (2) – 1 – Donaire to win
For Selection B, if you want to pick Donaire by decision without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2 - Donaire by decision
For Selection C, if you want to use one of triples on the Over 11 1/2...
C. (3) – 2 - Over 11 1/2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...